2 cups pretzels, crushed (about 4 cups before crushing)
3/4 cup salted butter, melted
3 tablespoons Stevia (or sugar)
8 ounces low fat cream cheese
3/4 cup Stevia (or sugar)
8 ounces sugar-free whipped topping
6 ounces sugar-free strawberry gelatin mix, 2 packages
2 cups water
14 ounces frozen strawberries with no sugar added
8-ounce can crushed pineapple in 100% juice, drained
Sugar-free whipped topping for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Mix together the melted butter, crushed pretzels and 3 tablespoons Stevia in a medium-sized bowl. Pour the pretzel mixture into the baking dish and press down firmly to create a flat, thin layer.
- Bake the crust for 7-8 minutes and then remove from the oven and allow to fully cool.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat together the cream cheese and 3/4 cup Stevia. Stir in the whipped topping until smooth.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the pretzel crust and use a spoon or offset spatula to make a smooth layer. Place in the fridge to cool for 30-60 minutes.
- Boil the water in a small saucepan. Once boiling, turn off the heat and stir in the gelatin mix. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the frozen strawberries and crushed pineapple. Pour the strawberry mixture over the cream cheese layer and place back in the fridge for 6-8 hours or until the gelatin is fully firmed.
- Slice and serve with a dollop of whipped cream and sliced strawberries!