¼ cup pecans
4 slices bacon cut into ¼” small strips
1 pound Brussels sprouts; stems & outer loose leaves removed.
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1. Heat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Place pecans on sheet and bake approximately 3-5 minutes. When done, transfer pecans to a heat-resistant bowl to cool and increase oven temperature to 425°F.
3. While pecans are toasting, cook the bacon over medium heat, in a medium-size skillet. Fry until crisp, then transfer bacon to a bowl. Keep the bacon fat/drippings.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine brussels sprouts, bacon fat, olive oil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Spread the Brussels sprouts onto the same foil-lined baking sheet used for the pecans. Roast the sprouts 20 minutes or just until tender.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup and pour the mixture over the Brussels sprouts. Toss lightly to coat the sprouts evenly, and place back in the oven for 5-8 minutes until caramelized. Do not allow the sprouts to burn.
6. Serve sprinkled with toasted pecans and crispy bacon.