4 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed and dried
1 teaspoon olive oil
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 ½ cups steamed broccoli, chopped
1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
Chopped chives for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Scrub and dry the potatoes, then rub the skins with olive oil.
2. Place potatoes on the baking sheet and bake for 1 hour, or until soft. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
3. Once the potatoes are cool to the touch, slice them in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out the potato innards and place them into a large bowl, leaving a thin rim around the insides of the skins. Return the skins to the baking sheet.
4. To the potato innards, add butter, cream, sour cream, and seasonings. Use a potato masher or hand mixer to blend until smooth. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the broccoli and half of the cheese.
5. Divide the filling evenly among the potato shells, then top with the remaining cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are heated through. Broil for 1-2 minutes, if desired.