1 pound uncooked ziti
1 32 ounce jar Marinara sauce
1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
16 ounces shredded mozzarella
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup chopped fresh basil
1. Heat oven to 375°F and spray an 11x9-inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large saucepan, cook the pasta according to package (al dente/no salt) directions, drain.
3. In the same large saucepan set over medium heat, cook the marinara sauce and cream cheese together until the cheese melts. Stir often.
4. Add the pasta to the marinara/cheese sauce and mix well.
5. Pour half the marinara/cheese/ziti sauce in the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with half the mozzarella and half the Parmesan cheeses.
6. Sprinkle the cheeses with 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil.
7. Layer the remaining marinara/cheese/ziti sauce over the cheese and top with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
8. Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
9. Remove the cover and bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until the baked ziti is bubbly and cheese is golden.
10. Garnish with the remaining chopped basil and serve with toasted baguette.