16 ounces dry spaghetti
1 pound ground chuck
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 medium yellow onion diced
3 garlic cloves minced
24 ounces Marinara sauce (your favorite) (one jar)
2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil divided
1 cup shredded mozzarella
½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese divided
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Heat oven to 350°F and spray a 13x9 baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Cook the spaghetti, per package directions, to al dente and drain.
3. While the spaghetti cooks, brown the beef in a large skillet set over medium heat. Break the beef up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. 4. Drain the beef and wipe out the skillet.
5. In the same skillet, add the oil and butter. Add onions and cook until onion has softened and is translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
6. Add the beef, marinara sauce, 1-tablespoon chopped basil and ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese. Stir until well combined and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
7. Add the cooked spaghetti and stir until the spaghetti is well-coated.
8. Transfer the spaghetti mixture to the baking dish and sprinkle with Mozzarella and the remaining ¼ cup Parmesan cheese.
9. Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes or until cheese has melted and the spaghetti is hot throughout.
10. Garnish with the remaining chopped basil and serve.