1 (16 ounce) package Sausage Roll (any flavor will work, we like spicy!)
½ cup sweet yellow onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 pounds ground chuck (plus water for cooking)
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1 can (14.5 ounces) petite-diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup water (this is an ingredient. The water above is just for the chuck prep.)
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained
1 can (15 ounces) red beans, drained
2 teaspoons cider vinegar
2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 package (1 ounce) Original William’s Chili Seasoning
¼-½ cup ketchup
1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
½-1 teaspoon salt or to taste
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Possible toppings: chopped onions, hot sauce, sliced jalapenos, shredded cheese, crackers, sour cream, cilantro, or whatever you love!
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and crumble as it cooks. When almost fully browned, add the onion and garlic. Sauté until onion is translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Drain oil if necessary and set aside.
2. Place ground chuck in a Dutch oven and use a wooden utensil to crumble. Cover completely with water. Bring water to a boil and boil the meat until brown. Drain the beef in a colander and return to the dutch oven.
3. Add the sausage and onion mixture to the ground chuck and stir to combine.
4. Mix in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, both types of beans, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chili seasoning, ketchup, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Mix well and cook the chili, stirring often, over medium-low heat at least 1 hour or until chili has thickened and flavors meld. If it cooks down too much, you can add a bit more water.
6. Serve with favorite toppings!
Fore more recipes, please visit www.thecookierookie.com.