4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 (1 ounce) packet Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
1 cup cream of chicken soup ***
1 cup cheddar cheese soup (from a can) ***
1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes
1 (4.5 ounce) can Old El Paso chopped green chiles
16 ounces Mexican blend cheese, divided
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
6 cups tortilla chips, lightly crushed and divided
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat.
3. In a large bowl, toss the cubed chicken in olive oil, taco seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Toss the coated cubed chicken into the skillet and cook for approximately 7-10 minutes, or until fully cooked through. Make sure to flip chicken as it cooks. Set aside.
5. In another large bowl, stir together the soups, tomatoes, chiles, beans, cilantro, and ¾ of the Mexican blend cheese. Stir in the cooked chicken.
6. Start by placing 1/3 of the crushed chips in the bottom of your casserole dish. Then top with ½ of the chicken mixture.
7. Top with another layer of chips and then the rest of the chicken mixture. Put your last layer of chips on top and then cover with the remaining cheese.
8. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes.