2½ cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 Tablespoon cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1½ cups oil
1 cup buttermilk
1 Tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 oz. red food coloring
Your Favorite Icing
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Line 3 regular-size muffin pans with cupcake liners.
3. In a medium bowl, place the cracked eggs and whisk until egg whites and yolks are blended.
4. Add remaining liquid ingredients and whisk until well incorporated. Set aside.
5. In the mixing bowl of an electric mixer, place all dry ingredients and mix until completely combined.
6. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
7. Mix on medium-high speed for 1 minute or until mixture is completely incorporated.
8. Fill batter 2/3rds up the prepared cupcake liners.
9. Gently tap the pans on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles from the batter.
10. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a middle cupcake comes out clean.
Let the cupcakes rest 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely on a cooling rack.
11. Add icing.