2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1½ tablespoons (4½ teaspoons) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup heavy cream
¼ cup butter, melted
3 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled, optional
Garnish: chopped fresh herb(s); parsley, cilantro, basil, thyme, rosemary)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F and spray a 9x9 or 1½ quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, stir together sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and red pepper flakes.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream and melted butter.
4. While whisking, add sugar mixture to the egg mixture. Whisk until smooth. Add corn (and bacon, if using) and stir until combined.
5. Pour mixture into sprayed baking dish and bake at 350°F just until set in the middle and golden brown, 45-60 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
7. Garnish with your favorite h