2 tablespoons Italian dressing (not the creamy kind)
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
16 ounces small/medium sized rigatoni pasta
1 24-ounce jar of your favorite Marinara pasta sauce (I love Delallo’s)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
Chopped fresh basil for garnish (optional)
1. Heat chicken and Italian dressing in a large 12 inch skillet over medium high heat (If you don’t own a large skillet, you can use a stock pot). Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Cook chicken until browned and just cooked through, about 5 minutes depending on thickness of chicken.
3. Add the box of pasta and the entire jar of marinara. Fill the empty marinara jar with water and add to the skillet. If using a stockpot, use 2 cups water. Lightly stir the mixture to combine.
4. Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender to your liking.
5. Cover with grated parmesan and then shredded mozzarella. No need to stir. Continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes or until cheese is fully melted. You can also broil the entire skillet for about 4 minutes to make the cheese extra melty!
6. Top with chopped basil (optional) and serve! Enjoy!
***The pasta in the middle of the skillet and underneath will be more tender than the outside pasta. It’s okay if those pieces are a bit toastier and less soft. The inside will be plenty soft.***